'Shattered Holo' Nail Design
Today I have this holographic Shattered glass look to share with you! Hope you like it.
It's Mother's Day here in Australia. And I want to take a minute and wish all the mummies out there to have a great day. Hope you get spoilt :)
As always, if you do give this design go, please share with me on Instagram and I will feature it in my stories :) @urbannailart
For this design I used:
1. UNT peel off base coat
Use code URBANNAILART for 10% discount at www.mitty.com.au
3. Painted Polish 'Midnight Mischief' for stamping
4. SoNailicious Boutique holographic silver foil
Use code LOU10 for 10% discount at www.sonailiciousboutique.com
5. WhatsUp Nails stamping plate B010
6. Pueen Cosmetics Latex tape liquid peel off & cuticle guard
Basic step by step instructions:
1. Apply a gel base coat and cure it under LED lamp.
I use UNT peel off base coat. Because I create nail art regularly, I use this base to help me with polish removal. This works really well with both regular polish and gel polish.
2. With the jelly polishes of your choice apply a thin layer on your nails overlapping colours a little bit to ensure a perfect colour blend. I used Salon Series - 9mm detail brush by Mitty. to help with the application. Do not remove the tacky layer.
3. Cut up holographic foil into little irregular shapes.
4. Place the holographic foil pieces on you nail and press firmly to adhere the foils to the nail. Peel off foil film.
5. Repeat Step 2 to create a sandwich effect.
7. Use the scraper angled at approximately 45 degrees to remove any excess polish off of the image.
8. Gently roll the stamper on the image to pick up the design and carefully roll your image onto the nail.
9. Apply a gel top coat and cure it under LED lamp. I used No Wipe Top Coat by Mitty.
DISCLOSURE: Some of the codes above are affiliate codes, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I might earn a commission if you make a purchase using my affiliate code.