ANIMAL PRINT NAIL DESIGN | Stamping Nail Art with Powder (2020)
Sharing this unusual tiger print design using nail art powder today.
White nail polish for the base
Pueen Cosmetics stamping polish 'Black Jack'
Pueen Cosmetics stamping plate ‘Animal Safari 01’
Mitty. super holo powder ‘Latin Purpura‘
Mitty. 9mm detailing brush
Red Carpet Manicure ‘Caviar Dreams’, 'Where the Ladies At?' and 'Queen Bee'
Pueen Cosmetics latex tape liquid peel off & cuticle guard
Hit The Bottle 'Water Tight' waterbased smear free topcoat
Nail art step by step:
1. Apply your base coat and let it dry.
2. Apply white nail polish for the base and let it dry completely.
3. Protect your skin with latex tape.
4. Prepare your nail polish colours for the gradient. Paint strips on a makeup sponge overlapping nail polish a little bit for better gradient effect. Start dabbing the nail sponge onto your nail and repeat until happy with the opacity.
5. Apply pigment powder over a clear jelly stamper. PLEASE NOTE! Use a stamper you don't mind getting cloudy from pigment.
6. Apply black stamping polish onto the tiger print image and swipe any excess polish off with the scraper angled at approximately 45 degrees. Pick up the image with the stamper with pigment on it. I removed part of the image from the stamper as I wanted to cover only half of my nail..
7. With a rolling motion stamp the image onto your nail. Remember that you need to work very fast when doing this step as your stamping polish might dry quick and you won't be able to transfer the image.
8. Wait a few minutes and then use a fluffy brush to get any excess powder off of your nails. If you do this step too early, you might smudge your stamped image.
9. After cleaning up around your nails, apply a waterbased top coat over your stamping. Let it dry completely. Non-smear waterbased top coats are great to apply over nail powders (especially holographic ones!) and over stamping in general!
10. Apply a layer of fast drying top coat to add extra shine to your design.
DISCLOSURE:Some of the codes above are affiliate codes, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I might earn a commission if you make a purchase using my affiliate code.